American Legion Post 48
P. O. Box 323
820 South Alabama Street
Chesnee, SC 29323

Where do you want to go today? Click on the cell.

American Legion National A. L. Department of South Carolina
Post 48 Chesnee Post 48 Youth Activities
Range Information Veterans Benefits
American Legion Auxiliary Miscellaneous
Spartanburg County Ordinance Post 48 Special Activities
Empty Cartridge Brass Sales  


On Thursday, March 9, 2017 the motion limiting the use of the range was passed by the members of the Post. To see the motion, click HERE

EVERYONE (members, nonmembers, anyone {almost - you must legally be able to own a gun}):
The American Legion Department of SC is conducting an unusual rifle raffle.  They will be giving away a quality long gun for 52 consecutive weeks beginning in July of 2017.  A ticket for the drawings cost $25.  In effect, you have 52 chances to win a gun for $25 (or in other words approximately $0.48 per chance).  The raffle rules and the list of guns to be given away is provided below.  20% of the ticket sales will be returned to Post 48 to support our community service activities.  The other 80% will be used by the American Legion of SC to pay for the guns, expenses of the raffle with the remainder for Dept. of SC activities.

Don't miss out on this opportunity.  Post 48 only has a limited number of raffle tickets.  We only have < 60 raffle tickets remaining.  First come, first serve.  Come to our next Post 48 meeting (7PM) and see the Adjutant.  You can also stop by our Post on Wednesday mornings from 9 to 10AM.  If you can't do either, call me at 461-5594 and we can make arrangements to meet to complete the transaction.

Thank you for supporting the American Legion.
Clark Smith
Post 48 Adjutant

The next meeting of Post 48 is Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 7:00 PM. Please come to the meeting; It is election time for all officers.

There is a web page telling the dates and time for Known Range Closures. These are dates when the range is rented to a person or organization for their exclusive use. Generally, outsiders can not be permitted to shoot on the range during that time. To visit this page, click HERE.


We have temporarily halted collection of non-perishable food at the Post meetings. For more information about this activity, click HERE.


On March 2, 2016, National Commander Dale Barnett addressed a joint session of the South Carolina Legislature. To view his speech click HERE.


American Legion National
National Website Honor Flight Program


A. L. Department of South Carolina
Dept of S C Page Why You Should Belong
District 5 Meeting 2017/2018 Gun Raffle


Post 48 Chesnee
Post Information Post Annual Reports
FaceBook Page Member Pictures
Photo & Event Gallery Rent the Building or Range
Lost & Found Post 48 Grant/Loan Info
Turkey Shoot Raffle Information
Post 48 Cap Yard Sale
 Post Events Calendar Food Bank
Post Officers Wreaths Across America


Post 48 Youth Activities
Boys State Girls State
H. S. Oratorical Contest Law Cadet Academy
CHS JROTC Cookout  


Range Information
Range Committee Info Handgun Competition
Range Key Swap Handgun Competition Winners
Known Range Closures Range Limit Motion
Empty Cartridge Brass Sales  

Veterans Benefits
Veterans Benefits Veterans Crisis Line
North Grove VA Clinic Dorn VA Medical Center
Employ Veterans  


American Legion Auxiliary
Unit 48 Chesnee Application Form


Desert Storm Memorial Greatest Women in
Military History
US Army Center of
Military History
Greatest Warship
of All Time
Twin Towers


Spartanburg County Proposed Ordinance
H J Article 6/9/2015 County Council Members
H J Article 6/13/2015 Feedback
Discussion Items DJC Email to J. Bradley


Post 48 Special Activities
Food Bank Information Loan/Grant Information


All of the forms used on this web site are PDF's. You should be able to save these forms to your hard disk from the browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Mozilla FireFox) that you are using. You can use several of the programs displayed under "Useful Software" to view and/or fill in these PDF's. There are several other programs displayed in this web page. Each program has a brief description of what the program does. If it sounds useful to you, then download and install it. Try it. If you don't like it, you can uninstall it.

Useful Software


copyright 2012,2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 American Legion Post #48 Chesnee, SC djc